Common Name: Plate Count Agar (PCA)
English name: Plate Count Agar
Used for measuring the total number of bacteria.
Culture medium is a mixed nutritional product prepared by artificial methods, specifically for microbial cultivation, separation, identification, research, and preservation. The tryptone contained in plate counting agar (PCA) medium provides a nitrogen source; Glucose provides a carbon source; Sodium chloride can maintain a balanced osmotic pressure; Yeast powder provides growth factors; Agar powder is a coagulant for the culture medium.
It is made from culture medium materials such as tryptone, sodium chloride, glucose, yeast powder, and agar powder by ball milling.
After pre-treatment according to GB standards, the samples were inoculated into a culture medium at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 48 ± 2 hours, and the results were observed.
Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, and Bacillus subtilis all grow well。
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research and research
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
4~30 ℃, stored away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 3 years.
1. GB 4789.2-2016 National Food Safety Standard for Microbiological Examination of Food - Total Colony Count Measurement
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 Quality Requirements for Culture Media and Reagents for Microbiological Testing of Food