Common name: R2A agar medium
English name:R2A Agar
Used for the determination of total bacterial count in purified water.
Culture medium is a mixed nutritional product prepared by artificial methods, specifically for microbial cultivation, separation, identification, research, and preservation. The yeast extract, casein hydrolysate and peptone contained in R2A agar medium provide nitrogen source and growth factor; Glucose and soluble starch provide carbon sources and can also absorb waste generated during bacterial metabolism; Sodium pyruvate is beneficial for bacterial growth; Phosphate is a pH stabilizer; Agar is the fixative.
It is made from yeast extract, casein hydrolysate, peptone, glucose, soluble starch, sodium pyruvate, phosphate, agar and other culture medium materials by ball milling and sub packaging.
After pre-treatment according to industry regulations, the samples were inoculated into a culture medium at 30-35 ℃ for 24 hours, and the results were observed.
Bacillus subtilis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Staphylococcus aureus grow well, with gray white colonies.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research and research
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
4~30 ℃, stored away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 3 years.
1. Pharmacopoeia version 2015
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 Quality Requirements for Culture Media and Reagents for Microbiological Testing of Food