Common Name: Sodium Thiosulfate Sodium Citrate Bile Salt Sucrose (TCBS) Agar
English name:Thiosulfate Citrate Bile Salts Sucrose Agar
Used for selective isolation and cultivation of pathogenic Vibrio cholerae and Vibrio parahaemolyticus in the intestine.
Culture medium is a mixed nutritional product prepared by artificial methods, specifically for microbial cultivation, separation, identification, research, and preservation. The peptone and yeast extract contained in sodium thiosulfate citrate bile salt sucrose (TCBS) agar provide carbon and nitrogen sources, vitamins, and growth factors; Sodium chloride can stimulate the growth of Vibrio bacteria; Sucrose is a fermentable sugar; Sodium cholate, bovine bile powder, sodium thiosulfate, sodium citrate, and higher pH can inhibit Gram positive bacteria and coliform groups; Vibrio cholerae is more sensitive to acidic environments, so this pH value can enhance its growth; Sodium thiosulfate reacts with iron citrate as an indicator for detecting hydrogen sulfide production; Bromo thymol blue and thymol blue are pH indicators; Agar is a coagulant for culture medium.
It is made from culture medium materials such as peptone, sodium chloride, yeast powder, sodium citrate, sodium thiosulfate, bovine bile powder, iron citrate, sodium cholate, and indicator through ball milling and packaging.
After pre-treatment according to GB standards, the samples were inoculated into a culture medium at 36 ± 1 ℃ and incubated for 18-24 hours to observe the results.
The growth of Escherichia coli is inhibited; Vibrio parahaemolyticus grows well with green colonies.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research and research
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
4~30 ℃, stored away from light.。
【Period of validity】
Valid for 3 years
1. GB 4789.7-2013 National Food Safety Standard for Microbiological Examination of Food - Examination of Vibrio parahaemolyticus
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 National Food Safety Standard - Quality Requirements for Food Microbiology Testing Media and Reagents