Common name: streptomycin sodium lauryl sulfate potassium tellurite agar (double washing agar)
English name:Streptomycin Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Potassium Tellurite Agar
Used for the isolation of Vibrio cholerae.
Culture medium is a mixed nutritional product prepared by artificial methods, specifically for microbial cultivation, separation, identification, research, and preservation. The protein peptone and beef extract contained in the double washed agar provide a nitrogen source; Yeast powder provides a carbon source; Pig bile salt, pig bile powder, potassium tellurite, streptomycin as bacteriostatic agents; Sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium sulfite are used as surface activators. Vibrio cholerae can reduce potassium tellurite to produce metal tellurium, resulting in a grayish brown colony center. Staff engaged in bacterial identification can select colonies with such characteristics for further bacterial identification, thereby achieving separation.
It is made from culture medium materials such as peptone, sodium chloride, bile salt, and agar powder by ball milling and packaging.
After pre-treatment according to industry regulations, the samples were added to test tube culture medium and cultured at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 18-24 hours. The results were observed.
Vibrio cholerae grows well, with a semi transparent colony and a grayish brown center; The growth of Escherichia coli and Proteus was inhibited.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research and research
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
4-30 ℃, stored away from light.
【Period of validity】
Valid for 3 years
1. Shanghai Health and Epidemic Prevention Station compiled "Health and Epidemic Prevention Inspection"
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 National Food Safety Standard - Quality Requirements for Food Microbiology Testing Media and Reagents