Common name: Baird parker agar
English name:Baird-Parker Agar
Φ 90mm, 10 dishes/bag.
Used for selective isolation and cultivation of Staphylococcus aureus.
Peptone provides a nitrogen source, beef extract powder and yeast powder provide growth factors, sodium pyruvate and glycine promote the growth of Staphylococcus, agar is a coagulant, and potassium tellurite egg yolk inoculant causes Staphylococcus to produce black colonies and inhibit Gram negative bacteria.
Composed of peptone, beef extract powder, yeast powder, lithium chloride, glycine, sodium pyruvate, and agar.
After pre-treatment according to GB standards, the samples were inoculated into culture medium and incubated at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 18-24 hours or 45-48 hours, and the results were observed.
Staphylococcus aureus grows well, with black raised colonies surrounded by a turbid zone and a transparent ring on its outer layer; Staphylococcus epidermidis grows well, with black colonies and no turbid zones or transparent circles; The growth of Escherichia coli is inhibited.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
Store at 2-8 ℃ away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 3 months.
1. GB 4789.10-2016 National Food Safety Standard for Microbiological Examination of Food - Examination of Staphylococcus aureus
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 National Food Safety Standard - Quality Requirements for Food Microbiology Testing Media and Reagents