Common Name: R2A Agar
English name:R2A Agar
Φ 90mm, 10 dishes/bag.
Used for the determination of total bacterial count in purified water.
Peptone, yeast extract and casein hydrolysate provide nitrogen source and growth factor; Glucose and soluble starch provide carbon sources and can also absorb waste generated during bacterial metabolism; Sodium pyruvate is beneficial for bacterial growth; Phosphate is a pH stabilizer; Agar is a coagulant.
It is composed of peptone, yeast extract, casein hydrolysate, glucose, soluble starch, sodium pyruvate, phosphate and agar.
After pre-treatment according to the pharmacopoeia standards, the samples were inoculated into the culture medium and incubated at 30-35 ℃ for 18-24 hours. The results were observed.
Bacillus subtilis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa grow well.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
Store at 2-25 ℃ away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 6 months.
1. Chinese Pharmacopoeia 2020 Edition
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 National Food Safety Standard - Quality Requirements for Food Microbiology Testing Media and Reagents