Common Name: Columbia Blood Agar Basic Culture Medium
English name:Columbia Blood Agar Base
Used for the cultivation and hemolysis test of bacteria with high nutritional requirements, as well as for the detection of Clostridium in drugs.
Culture medium is a mixed nutritional product prepared by artificial methods, specifically for microbial cultivation, separation, identification, research, and preservation. The tryptone, trypsin digest, stomach enzyme digest, yeast extract powder, and soluble starch contained in the Columbia blood agar basic culture medium provide carbon and nitrogen sources, vitamins, and growth factors; Sodium chloride can maintain a balanced osmotic pressure; Agar is a coagulant for culture medium.
It is made from culture medium raw materials such as tryptone, cardiac trypsin digest, stomach enzyme digest, yeast extract powder, soluble starch, sodium chloride, agar, etc., and is milled and packaged.
After pre-treatment according to industry regulations, the samples were inoculated into a puncture culture medium at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 18-24 hours/24-48 hours, and the observation results were observed.
Staphylococcus aureus and beta hemolytic streptococcus grew well, β Hemolysis; Streptococcus pneumoniae grows well, α Hemolysis; Escherichia coli grows well without hemolysis.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
4~30 ℃, stored away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 3 years.
1. YYT 0576-2005 Colombian Blood Agar Basic Culture Medium, Pharmaceutical Industry Standard of the People's Republic of China for Migrant Workers
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GBT 4789.28-2003 Microbiological examination of food hygiene - Staining methods, culture media, and reagents