Common Name: Crystal Purple Neutral Red Bile Salt Agar (VRBA)
English name:Violet Red Bile Agar
It is used for counting coliform group and coliform bacteria in food inspection.
Culture medium is a mixed nutritional product prepared by artificial methods, specifically for microbial cultivation, separation, identification, research, and preservation. The peptone contained in Crystal Purple Neutral Red Bile Salt Agar (VRBA) provides a nitrogen source, while yeast powder provides vitamins and growth factors; Bile salt and crystal violet can inhibit the growth of Gram positive bacteria; Sodium chloride maintains a balanced osmotic pressure; Agar is a coagulant for the culture medium; Neutral red is a pH indicator.
It is made from medium materials such as peptone, bile salt, sodium chloride, yeast powder, agar powder, and indicator by ball milling and packaging.
After pre-treatment according to GB standards, the samples were inoculated into a culture medium at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 18-24 hours, and the results were observed.
Escherichia coli grows well, with or without purple red or red colonies with precipitation rings; Citrobacter frederii grows well with colorless colonies; The growth of Enterococcus was inhibited.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
4~30 ℃, stored away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 3 years.
1. GB 4789.3-2016 National Food Safety Standard - Microbiological Examination of Food - Coliform Count
2. GB 4789.38-2012 National Food Safety Standard for Microbiological Examination of Food - Enumeration of Escherichia coli
3. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
4. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
5. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
6. GB 4789.28-2013 Quality Requirements for Culture Media and Reagents for Microbiological Testing of Food