Common name: Staphylococcus aureus chromogenic medium
English name:Staphylococcus Chromogenic Medium
Φ 90mm, 10 dishes/bag.
Used for the isolation and preliminary identification of Staphylococcus aureus.
Nutrients provide carbon and nitrogen sources and trace elements; Agar is a coagulant for the culture medium; The chromogenic agent reacts with the specific enzyme of Staphylococcus aureus, hydrolyzing the substrate, releasing chromogenic groups, and causing Staphylococcus aureus to present a purplish red colony with neat edges on a colorless and transparent plate; Antibacterial agents can inhibit the growth of miscellaneous bacteria.
Composed of nutrients, agar, chromogenic agents, and antibacterial agents.
After pre-treatment according to GB standards, the samples were inoculated into the culture medium and incubated at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 18-24 hours, and the results were observed.
Staphylococcus aureus grows well with purple red colonies; Staphylococcus saprophyticus grows well with blue-green colonies; Poor or absent growth of Staphylococcus epidermidis, colorless colonies; The growth of Escherichia coli is inhibited.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
Store at 2-25 ℃ away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 6 months.
1. GB 4789.10-2016 National Food Safety Standard for Microbiological Examination of Food - Examination of Staphylococcus aureus
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 National Food Safety Standard - Quality Requirements for Food Microbiology Testing Media and Reagents