Common name: Staphylococcus aureus chromogenic medium
English name:Staphylococcus Chromogenic Medium
Used for the isolation and preliminary identification of Staphylococcus aureus.
Culture medium is a mixed nutritional product prepared by artificial methods, specifically for microbial cultivation, separation, identification, research, and preservation. The nutrients contained in the chromogenic medium of Staphylococcus aureus provide carbon, nitrogen, vitamins, and minerals; Agar is a coagulant for the culture medium; The chromogenic agent reacts specifically with the enzymes possessed by Staphylococcus aureus, hydrolyzing the substrate and releasing chromogenic groups. On a colorless and transparent plate, Staphylococcus aureus produces pink purple edge neat colonies; Antibacterial agents can inhibit the growth of miscellaneous bacteria.
It is composed of nutrient substances, agar powder, chromogenic agents, antibacterial agents, and other medium materials that are milled and packaged by ball milling.
According to industry regulations, the sample is inoculated into a culture medium after pre-treatment at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 18-24 hours, and the results are observed.
Staphylococcus aureus grows well with purple red colonies; Staphylococcus saprophyticus grows well with blue-green colonies; Poor or absent growth of Staphylococcus epidermidis, colorless colonies; The growth of Escherichia coli is inhibited.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
4~30 ℃, stored away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 3 years.
1. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
2. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
3. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
GBT 4789.28-2013 Microbiological examination of food hygiene - Staining methods, culture media, and reagents