Common name: Baird parker agar base
English name:Baird-Parker Agar Base
Used for selective isolation and cultivation of Staphylococcus aureus.
The culture medium is a mixed nutritional product prepared by artificial methods specifically for microbial cultivation, separation, identification, research, and preservation. The peptone contained in Baird parker agar base provides a nitrogen source, beef extract powder and yeast powder provide growth factors, sodium pyruvate and glycine can promote the growth of Staphylococcus aureus, and potassium tellurite egg yolk inoculant can provide nutrition for most bacteria, causing Staphylococcus aureus to produce black and halo bands, while also inhibiting Gram negative bacteria.
It is made from medium materials such as peptone, agar, beef extract powder, yeast powder, lithium chloride, glycine, and sodium pyruvate through ball milling and packaging.
After pre-treatment according to GB standards, the samples were inoculated into a culture medium at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 24 hours, and the results were observed.
Staphylococcus aureus grows well, with black raised colonies surrounded by a turbid zone and a transparent ring on its outer layer; Staphylococcus epidermidis grows well, with black colonies and no cloudy or transparent zones; The growth of Escherichia coli is inhibited.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
4~30 ℃, stored away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 3 years.
1. GB 4789.10-2016 National Food Safety Standard for Microbiological Examination of Food - Examination of Staphylococcus aureus
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 National Food Safety Standard - Quality Requirements for Food Microbiology Testing Media and Reagents