Common name: Eosin Methyl Blue Agar (EMB)
English name:Eosin-Methylene Blue Agar
Used to isolate Gram negative gut bacteria, especially coliform and fecal coliform groups.
Culture medium is a mixed nutritional product prepared by artificial methods, specifically for microbial cultivation, separation, identification, research, and preservation. The peptone contained in eosin blue agar provides carbon and nitrogen sources, vitamins, and growth factors; Yihong and Meilan are pH indicators that can also inhibit the growth of Gram positive bacteria; Potassium hydrogen phosphate acts as a pH buffer; Agar is a coagulant for the culture medium; Lactose is a fermentable sugar.
Peptone, dipotassium hydrogen phosphate, lactose, agar powder, indicator, and other culture medium materials are milled and packaged.
After pre-treatment according to GB standards, the samples were inoculated into a culture medium at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 18-24 hours, and the results were observed.
Escherichia coli grows well, with black colonies and a metallic luster; Salmonella typhimurium grows well, with colorless and translucent colonies; The growth of Staphylococcus aureus is inhibited.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
4~30 ℃, stored away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 3 years.
1. GB 4789.6-2016 National Food Safety Standard - Microbiological Examination of Food - Examination of Escherichia coli causing diarrhea
2. GB 4789.38-2012 National Food Safety Standard for Microbiological Examination of Food - Enumeration of Escherichia coli
3.GB_ 15979-2002_ Hygienic standards for disposable sanitary products
4. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Media Preparation
5. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
6. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
7. GB 4789.28-2013 Quality Requirements for Culture Media and Reagents for Microbiological Testing of Food