Common name: Lactose peptone culture medium
English name:Lactose Peptone Broth
Used for the determination of total coliform bacteria in drinking water and source water.
Culture medium is a mixed nutritional product prepared by artificial methods, specifically for microbial cultivation, separation, identification, research, and preservation. The peptone and beef extract contained in lactose peptone culture medium provide carbon and nitrogen sources as well as minerals; Lactose is a fermentable sugar; Sodium chloride maintains a balanced osmotic pressure; Bromocresol purple is the pH indicator.
It is made from raw materials such as peptone, beef extract powder, lactose, sodium chloride, bromocresol violet, and other culture media through ball milling and packaging.
After pre-treatment according to GB standards, the samples were inoculated into test tube culture medium at 36 ± 1 ℃, and the results were observed after 24 hours of cultivation.
Escherichia coli grows well, produces acid and gas, and the culture medium turns yellow; Salmonella typhimurium grows well and the color of the culture medium remains unchanged.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
4~30 ℃, stored away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 3 years.
1. GB8538-2016 Inspection Method for Drinking Natural Mineral Water
2. GB-T5750.12-2006 Standard Test Methods for Drinking Water - Microbial Indicators
3. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
4. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
5. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
6. GB 4789.28-2013 National Food Safety Standard - Quality Requirements for Food Microbiology Testing Media and Reagents