Common Name: Alkaline Peptone Water
English name:Alkaline Peptone Water
Used for selective enrichment culture of Vibrio cholerae.
Culture medium is a mixed nutritional product prepared by artificial methods, specifically for microbial cultivation, separation, identification, research, and preservation. The peptone contained in alkaline peptone water culture medium provides a carbon and nitrogen source; Sodium chloride maintains a balanced osmotic pressure; A higher pH is beneficial for inhibiting the growth of Escherichia coli and other miscellaneous bacteria, which is beneficial for the growth of Vibrio cholerae.
It is made from culture medium materials such as peptone and sodium chloride by ball milling and packaging.
After pre-treatment according to industry regulations, the samples were inoculated into a test tube culture medium at 36 ± 1 ℃ and incubated for 18-24 hours to observe the results.
Vibrio cholerae and Vibrio parahaemolyticus grow well; The growth of Escherichia coli is inhibited.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
4~30 ℃, stored away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 3 years.
1. Referring to YY/T 1170-2009, the pharmaceutical industry standard of the People's Republic of China for alkaline peptone water cultivation
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 National Food Safety Standard - Quality Requirements for Food Microbiology Testing Media and Reagents