Common Name: Nutrient Agar
English name:Nutrient Agar
Used for colony counting in the inspection of food and other items.
Peptone and beef extract powder provide nitrogen sources, vitamins, amino acids, and carbon sources; Sodium chloride can maintain a balanced osmotic pressure; Agar is a coagulant.
Composed of peptone, beef extract powder, sodium chloride, and agar.
After pre-treatment according to GB standards, the samples were inoculated into the culture medium and incubated at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 18-24 hours, and the results were observed.
Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa grow well.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
Store at 2-25 ℃ away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 6 months.
1. GB 4789.36-2016 National Food Safety Standard - Microbiological Examination of Food - Escherichia coli O157: H7NM Examination
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 National Food Safety Standard - Quality Requirements for Food Microbiology Testing Media and Reagents