Common Name: Plate Count Agar
English name:Plate Count Agar
Φ 90mm, 10 dishes/bag.
Used for measuring the total number of bacteria.
Tryptone provides a nitrogen source; Glucose provides a carbon source; Yeast powder provides growth factors; Sodium chloride can maintain a balanced osmotic pressure; Agar is a coagulant.
Composed of tryptone, sodium chloride, glucose, yeast powder, and agar.
After pre-treatment according to GB standards, the samples were inoculated into culture medium and incubated at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 48 ± 2 hours. The results were observed.
Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, and Bacillus subtilis grow well.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
Store at 2-25 ℃ away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 6 months.
1. GB 4789.2-2016 National Food Safety Standard for Microbiological Examination of Food - Determination of Total Colony Count
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 National Food Safety Standard - Quality Requirements for Food Microbiology Testing Media and Reagents