Common name: Salmonella chromogenic medium
English name:Salmonella Chromogenic Medium
Φ 90mm, 10 dishes/bag.
Used for the identification of Salmonella.
Peptone, casein, and beef extract provide carbon, nitrogen, and vitamins; Sodium chloride can maintain a balanced osmotic pressure; Agar is a coagulant for the culture medium; Selective additives inhibit Gram positive bacteria and other miscellaneous bacteria; The chromogenic agent reacts specifically with the enzyme corresponding to Salmonella, hydrolyzing the substrate and releasing chromogenic groups. On this medium, Salmonella appears purple red, while other non Salmonella bacteria appear blue green, colorless colonies, or growth is inhibited.
Composed of peptone, tryptone, beef extract, sodium chloride, agar, selective additives, and chromogenic agents.
After pre-treatment according to GB standards, the samples were inoculated into the culture medium and incubated at 36 ± 1 ℃ for 18-24 hours, and the results were observed.
Salmonella bacteria are purple red in color, while other bacteria are blue-green, colorless colonies, or growth is inhibited.
1. This culture medium is only used for scientific research.
2. The collected specimens must be inoculated and cultured as soon as possible to ensure accurate results.
3. The specimens used and their cultivation waste should be considered as potentially infectious substances and should be disposed of in accordance with the operating standards of infectious disease laboratories.
Store at 2-25 ℃ away from light.
【Period of validity】
The validity period is 6 months.
1. GB 4789.4-2010 National Food Safety Standard for Microbiological Examination of Food - Salmonella Examination
2. SN/T 1538.1-2005 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Medium Part 1: General Principles for Quality Assurance of Laboratory Culture Medium Preparation
3. SN/T 1538.2-2007 Guidelines for the Preparation of Culture Media Part 2: Practical Guidelines for Performance Testing of Culture Media
4. WS/T 232-2002 Quality Inspection Procedures for Commercial Microbial Culture Media
5. GB 4789.28-2013 National Food Safety Standard - Quality Requirements for Food Microbiology Testing Media and Reagents